Saturday, May 14, 2011

Milestones

These two little girls are growing so fast! Since my last blog posting, they have both hit some pretty big milestones and I just had to share...

For the last 2 weeks, Eliana has been sleeping in her big girl bed! We had tried to transition her to the twin bed back in January, but she just wasn't ready and continuously got out of bed or screamed. We were nervous to try again for fear of the same result. However, she was ready and we had no trouble this time around! It sure makes all the difference when they decide they are ready.

We haven't officially started potty-training Ellie yet, but we have started getting her used to the idea of using a potty instead of her diaper. She gladly sits on her Princess Throne (ha ha!) and has even managed to go a couple times in the toilet. But I just don't think she's 100% ready yet (or maybe it's just that I'M not 100% ready!). Either way, she is doing great and I'm sure it won't be too long before she hits this milestone as well.

And Victoria has been busy hitting milestones as well! Her most recent one is that she smiles and "talks" to us, but only when she's in the mood. We thought Eliana was a stubborn child, but she's nothing compared to Victoria! We had seen Victoria smile on many occasions, but it was usually due to gas or a smile in her sleep. It's fun that she will now recognize our faces and acknowledge us with a huge grin! And it's even better when she decides to talk to us, too!

2 comments:

  1. You will probably get payback someday on Eliana sitting on her princess throne! Can't believe how Victoria's face is filling out. I want to hear the coos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw Victoria's pictures, my thought was... she looks like Auntie Amanda in these pictures! That round face, big eyes and smiley face :-) Can't believe how big Ellie is getting! Enjoy these Years!!! Love you, Doreen

    ReplyDelete