Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Let's Celebrate...

Our household has had a lot to celebrate lately, and what better way to celebrate than to throw a party?! So Nick and I decided to host a "Let's Celebrate" party for some of our family and friends to join us in celebrating Eliana's 2nd birthday, and the arrival of Victoria. An added benefit was that we hadn't seen some of our guests in a long while, so it also gave us an excuse to have them over for a visit and to show them our home. It was an absolutely fantastic day, and the only thing that could have been better was if the weather would have cooperated a bit more. (We had been hoping to open the patio up and have some of the kids in the yard with the bouncy castle, but it just wasn't meant to be.)

We had decided (since we had never hosted this many people before) that when we threw the party, it would be easiest if we had most of the food catered. But we were very blessed that our mothers helped us out by making bars and a bit of other food, as well as helping out with keeping the food fresh and ready when people wanted to eat. (Thanks moms!) With all the food, we had a lot of leftovers, but it worked out well since we also had Easter to celebrate the next day.

One of the projects that I did decide to take on for the party was to make Ellie's birthday cake. I had practiced some cake decorating last year for her first birthday by making a butterfly cake and decided I would try my hand at making an Elmo cake this year. It turned out pretty good (if I do say so myself...) and Ellie recognized Elmo right away! I will admit that it took much longer than I had expected to frost, but the look on Ellie's face was worth it when she saw the cake. She was, however, quite disappointed when she saw me cut up Elmo's face and start serving it to everyone!

Both of our girls were completely spoiled that day with love, attention, and gifts. They both received so many nice things that I don't even know where to begin to thank everyone! So a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone for the gifts you have given our girls, but also for attending our party and celebrating the birth of our girls with us!

1 comment: