Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Doctor Checkups

Victoria turned 2 weeks old yesterday and we marked the occasion with a trip to the doctors office with both girls. :) Thankfully they were just well-child checkups, so everything went pretty smoothly. Grammy Bev came with me to help me with the girls since Victoria was receiving her 2 week checkup and Eliana was getting her 2 year checkup. Both girls did great and I am proud to report that they are both doing well on all levels!

ELIANA:
Height - 34.5 inches (70th%)
Weight - 27.2 lbs (55th%)
Head - 51 cm (100th%)
*** Ellie has been pretty consistent in her growth measurements over the last two years. She's definitely still got her daddy's head! As for her height, I think that she measured a bit short. When I measure her at home, she's much closer to 35.5 inches. I can't believe how big my "baby" girl is getting!

VICTORIA:
Length - 22 inches (95th%)
Weight - 8 lbs 12 oz (75th%)
Head - 36.7 cm (75th%)
*** They don't typically do percentiles on such young infants because it varies so much based on how big they were at birth. However, these are pretty close estimates of her percentiles based on the same growth chart they use for Eliana. The doctor said that Victoria is doing wonderfully, and despite my concerns about her spitting up so much, she is doing great in the weight department as well! The doctor said they like to see an ounce of gain per day, and Victoria is gaining more like 2 oz per day! As a nurse said when I had Ellie... "Mama's got the groceries!"

2 comments:

  1. Only the 75%ile huh... i knew her head seemed smaller!! Give her kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you guys so much lately and your new larger family of 4. We are so excited for you and your two daughters. Talking from experience...it it so wonderful to have two little girls close together. Victoria is so beautiful. Congratulations! The baby gift will be on its way shortly...or whenever I can manage getting to the Post Office! :)

    ReplyDelete