Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oh, Baby!

Okay. I got the hint (from everyone) and your wait is finally over! (Baby belly photos coming soon.) Here's the latest on Baby Marcus:

I am 28.5 weeks pregnant (yep, that means I'm in the 3rd trimester). I had an ultrasound on Friday morning to check on a few things and it all went really well! Baby Marcus is measuring around 2lbs 10oz right now (a bit on the small side, but the tech said not to worry - the babe is very healthy and everything is looking good). I know many of you had heard that I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa and would require a c-section, however, the ultrasound showed that I have had more progress than they were expecting and that may not be the case anymore, so that was great news! (Note: As of right now, I still do require a c-section, but I still have 10 more weeks to improve, so we are very optimistic right now that I can have my natural delivery when the baby is full-term.)

The ultrasound was very fun as we got to see our little squirt moving all around. We could see the eyes twitching, the mouth opening and closing, hands rubbing at the face, etc. It's just so neat to see things like that! We got more ultrasound photos to add to our collection that you can see below.

As for the baby's sex, Nick and I found out on Christmas evening, but have been keeping it a secret until this ultrasound so that we could verify that the tech was right. Well, your wait is over! If you would like to know the sex, click on the link below. (I've made it clickable so that those that don't want to know won't find out.) Just for the record, the vote for girl won on our poll - so click and see if you were correct, or if you were completely wrong!

Click on this link to find out if your vote was right!

So that's our news here!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Sooooo cute!!! Baby girls are so much fun, I am so very happy for you:-)) Can't wait for shopping in pink color for you!!!
    Congratulations also from Tom, Renate & Rudolf, they are sitting beside me! Do you have some names you like? Can't wait to see more pics! Well, enjoy the last weeks, they are so special!
    Love, Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful that dad doesn't read/write you a comment, love! As for the news _ I am so VERY excited to be an aunt! What a beautiful and fun family you will have. Can't wait to see the baby when it's born! Love you guys! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun way to share the news of the baby's sex. And good job on all that progress with your placenta previa! I'll cross my fingers that the next 10 weeks will give as much progress!

    ReplyDelete