Monday, February 25, 2013

Blog? What's that?

Oh, that's right.  I have a blog.  No, I haven't really forgotten, but life has been nothing but crazy for the last several months.  Okay, the last year.  No, scratch that - the last four years.  Pretty much from the time God blessed us with a child.  Not that I would change a thing!  An organized chaos seems to be our family's motto these days, though I have to wonder how often the organized part shows it's face...

Anyway... Since I am about 2 months overdue on updates of our lives, I'd better just sum them up in photos and HOPEFULLY I can continue to do snippits here and there again.  This update should take us through the end of December.  Here goes:
Malin thinking she needed to be a big kid like Tors.  Or maybe it was Tors who decided she wanted to be a baby like Malin.  Either way, they were playing together nicely, so what do we care?!
Santa visited us one evening before Christmas.  Surprisingly, Eliana was the shy one, Victoria couldn't stop studying him, and Malin just wanted to pull off his beard.  Thanks for visiting the Marcus Family, Santa!
The Marcus Girls on Christmas Eve.  Not sure what V is doing here.
We had a Birthday Party for Jesus at church and the girls got to make their own mangers.  Surprisingly, they actually played with their mangers for a few weeks before they got tossed.
Malin hanging out in her Christmas outfit.
Gotta have horsey-rides when Grandpa is around!
We have a Wednesday ritual of hitting the grocery store after the gym.  But Malin apparently wore herself out at the gym that day!  Who knew apple cider could make such a great pillow?
The older girls helped me make Christmas treats one day.  Well, Ellie helped, Victoria ate.
Time for some Christmas stories! 
Bath-time: You may be surprised to learn that my biggest splasher is actually the oldest...
Victoria and Ellie taking a nap in Great-Grandma Wyffels bed during the Wyffels Family Christmas in Marshall.
Christmas with Great-Grandma Marcus!
Christmas Eve Service at Unity CRC.
The girls spent quite a bit of time making their own thank-you notes for their Christmas gifts.  Sadly, I dropped the ball and only got a chance to mail half of them.  I believe the other half are still sitting in a pile somewhere in a kitchen cabinet.  So, to the grandparents, Aunt Phyl, Aunt Donna, and Karen & Alicia, THANK YOU!  You're cards are waiting for you in our kitchen cabinet!
The New Years Eve Gopher Basketball game - who cares if they were nose-bleed seats?  We won!

All three girls spent New Years Eve at Grammy and Papas house.  They had a pizza party, pajama party, and even had decorations and their own little countdown (to 9:30)!
Since we were kid-free for New Years this year, we were able to attend Darren & Aeleah's 10-year wedding anniversary party at The Grand Hotel in downtown Minneapolis.  We had a fantastic time and enjoyed celebrating with some of our oldest friends!  We love you two - thanks for a great time and Congratulations on making it 10 years!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment