Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Cookies

Frosting the 72 cookies we made!
Knowing in advance of the forecast for blizzard conditions, I had made sure to stock up on everything I would need to do some Christmas baking last weekend.  When they tired of playing in the snow, the girls "helped" me with the Christmas Cut-out Cookies.  (For those of you that will get the opportunity to eat them, don't worry - they were only allowed to frost their own cookies!)  It was a lot of work, but I remember the tradition of doing Christmas cut-outs with my mom, and I'm hoping the girls will someday remember this tradition as well.
Malin "helped" me make the dough while the older girls were playing in the snow.
Please don't judge me as a mother on the fact that my kids are still in the pj's at 5pm, hair unbrushed, and frosting all over their faces - it was a blizzard weekend and we weren't going anywhere!  (PS There is a reason why I am not in any of the pictures...)
Even Malin was in on the action in the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful snowed in family weekend! AWESOME fun in the snow and yummy cookies too!

    ReplyDelete