Thursday, September 27, 2012

July of 2012

So I have learned that having three young children really doesn't leave you ANY free time!  Thus the reason why I am MONTHS behind in my blogging.  I am actually considering changing how I blog by doing what I call "snippets" instead of blogs, or quitting my blogging all together.  I know, I know... you don't want me to quit, right?  That's okay - I'm kind of leaning towards doing "snippets" anyway in which I can log into my blog from my new iPhone (yes, I got the iPhone 5!) and post pictures of the kids and activities with small statements about what we're up to.  Because I can do it right on my phone - which I always have with me - I'm hoping to be able to post more often, just with less content.  Any thoughts on this from my readers?

Anyway, because I don't want to completely leave you in the dark about what we've been up to this summer (okay - and fall.  Man, I really am behind!), I will try to do a quick summary of each month to get you caught up!  Here goes...

July 2012:
We brought Malin home - what a joy she has been!
Eliana has really enjoyed being a big sister again, although she only likes to sit still long enough to hold Malin for only a few minutes at a time.
Mud Day in the Preschool room at daycare!
Malin sure enjoys her snuggles!  I never co-slept with my girls (just not something that I find comfortable - I can never get good sleep when they are with me), but Malin always managed to sneak into the bed with me for a couple hours each morning during her first month home.  This is certainly not my finest moment caught on camera, but it's one of the very few pictures I have of Malin and I!
We had a large Marcus Family Reunion in July where everyone was able to fly in to Minnesota and meet together at Arrowwood Resort in Alexandria for a few days.  SO MUCH FUN!  Here is part of the gang fishing.
Victoria enjoying her time on the beach - A HUGE thank you to Rick and Stacey for taking her!  It was nice for me to have the break and I saw how much she enjoyed the time away from her sisters, too!
Nick and Victoria at the waterpark at Arrowwood Resort.  This place had everything!
Eliana enjoying the waterslide.  Our waterbug has gotten so good in the water that she didn't even need a lifejacket on for this slide!
Some of the Marcus group were able to get out for a night on the pontoon.  Victoria enjoyed walking around the boat and checking everything out.
I thought this picture was absolutely precious.  We've got Sayer, Evan, Kendrick, Karis, and Eliana on the pontoon.
Papa taught Ellie and some of the younger kids how to fish.  Eliana was SO EXCITED to catch her first fish!
This is the first (and one of only a couple) photos that we have as a family of five.
The Marcus Family!  (Minus Ron Jr's family.  :(
Cousin Kenzie and Aunt Amanda came to visit one day - here are the little girls enjoying time "together".  :)
Great-Grandma Margaret came to visit from Chicago!  It was so great seeing her again and we enjoyed introducing her to Malin!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite picture is with you and Malin sleeping! It's just precious! Thank you for updating. I know how hectic your schedule is.

    ReplyDelete