Monday, June 6, 2011

Victoria's 2 Months Old

Last week, I was preparing myself to sit down and write Victoria's 2-month post. I kept thinking about how much I love Victoria, but also thinking about how to phrase the following: She's a difficult baby! It's certainly not the most easy thing to admit as a parent - especially a parent with a good amount of experience with kids. I should be able to handle anything this little bundle can throw at me, right? But she was wearing me down. Her fidgetiness (is that even a word?) turned into full-blown wiggles which were keeping her from sleeping. Her constant spit-up seemed to now be causing her pain. She constantly wanted to be held - but not just held. She wanted to be bounced. And if you happened to stop bouncing, she arched her back and screamed. And boy, can she be heard when she wants to! It was like a light-switch had been flipped and she had turned into an extremely colicky baby...

But alas, as kids often do, Victoria gave me a big surprise at the end of month two: She turned the light switch back off! Back is my adorable, good-natured baby - complete with some gorgeous, big smiles! I don't know what happened to cause the change, but I only pray that this switch stays off!

With that said, the doctor gave Victoria a clean bill of health! She's still got some little quirks (as does every baby), but she's healthy and seems much happier these days. And she's certainly growing just fine as well.

At 2 months old, Victoria:
- weighs 12 lbs 12 oz (92nd%)
- is 24.25 inches long (97th%)
- and has a head circumference of 40.3 cm (85th%)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. A little fussy, but mostly SUPER cute!! Glad to hear she is getting through the fussy stage! I love her smiles.

    ReplyDelete