Sunday, November 7, 2010

Double-Cousins Weekend 2010

Each year, we try to celebrate a girls'-only weekend that includes my two sisters and my two double-cousins, Sarah and Jenna (By double-cousins, I mean that we are are first cousins on both sides of the family since our moms are sisters and our dads are brothers.). Our get-together doesn't always happen every year, especially since Nick and I have been living out of state the last three years, but we sure enjoy it when we are able to get together!

So this year, I volunteered to host the weekend as I wanted to show off our new house. I kicked Nick and Ellie out of the house for the whole weekend. They spent one night at Nick's parents house and then went up to the Twin Cities on Saturday and enjoyed a father-daughter afternoon. I truly wish I had pictures of Saturday evening, though, as Nick and Ellie went out for dinner with Uncle Steve and Uncle John - truly 3 Men and a Baby! They then spent the night at Uncle Steve's and Ellie was spoiled ALL day on Sunday by her uncle's attention! They made breakfast, went for a walk, fed the geese, and watched the football game (Viking's won, by the way!). It certainly sounded like they had a wonderful time!

As far as Double-Cousins weekend, it was a weekend filled with lots of food, games, laughter, girl talk, movie watching, relaxing, and did I mention food? We did manage to leave the house at one point on Saturday to participate in a Scavenger Hunt that Nick had put together for us. We split into two teams (Heather and Jenna on Team Awesome, and Amanda and Sarah on Team Excellence - I was the referee) and Nick had us head to different locations around town based on clues and pictures he had put together. Jenna and Heather's Team Awesome won the hunt, but I should add it was a VERY close game! We had a great time and are now convinced we need to do a scavenger hunt every year! Thanks again, Nick, for putting the work into it for us - it was a blast!

I can't describe how much these girls mean to me and I LOVE that I am living so close to each of them now. I look forward to the time I spend with them and am definitely looking forward to another girls-only cousins weekend next year!

4 comments:

  1. Very very nice! You all are beautiful (HOT) young women and we are so very proud of you. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. You will always remember the laughs and fun you have together at these events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys put a big smile on my face when I see your pictures! The memories you create each year are absolutely wonderful! The five of you have something so special and unique. It sounds like Jenna and/or Sarah just might be hosting next year. With the two of them talking already... it sounds like you are going to have another great get together planned!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you guys are having such a great time living close to family. I can agree that it's fabulous. That said, we've got to keep a watch for a good time to meet up with you guys sometime, somewhere for a great reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly girl fun! I am jealous!! You all look FaBuLoUs!!!

    ReplyDelete