Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Nick and I have so much to be thankful for this year that I don't even know where to begin! We have been so blessed with great friends, a nice home, jobs that we like, good health, and of course, Family - both extended and the family we are beginning together. So let me just say thank-you to God for all he has blessed us with - we are truly grateful.
Nick has also asked me to add that we are thankful for guests! Mom and Dad Marcus arrived this last Wednesday in Montana after 19 hours on the train (which they loved, just in case you are considering traveling this way!). They booked a Roomette through Amtrak and truly enjoyed every part of their ride out here (Roomette's have 2 beds that fold down in the 4x6 foot room which makes traveling through the night much more comfortable). I think Dad's favorite part, though, was the unlimited food and the wine and cheese tasting that was included in their fare! Anyway, Nick and I picked them up at the station in Shelby after work on Wednesday and headed the 1 hour trip back to Great Falls.

We enjoyed a great Thanksgiving Day with them. I cooked the turkey again this year and was thankful for some help in the kitchen (thanks, Mom!) and that all the food turned out great again this year. After stuffing our faces, we enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend at home. We watched some movies, played a little Wii, took a walk to the river to watch the sunset, and did a little after-Thanksgiving shopping. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and we loved having mom and dad visit us in our new home.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you guys had family in town. It looks like you had a fantastic holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time :) We missed you in Willmar, but (again) look forward to seeing you at Christmas! I was taken back when you changed the layout of your page! I thought I was in the wrong place until I saw your pretty face!
    Much love to the three of you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food and wine looked great on the table. Go ahead with your experimenting. That's how your Dad learned. I will have to say that black text on the dark purple background is hard to read though. You should change the font color on the background to "white". That would be awesome. Now hopefully I can get this comment thing right once. Just an old dog learning new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun!! Can I reserve the right to say that I read your post a long time ago yet had not enough time to post and read?! Never fear...I am an avid "Northerners blog" fan! Love you! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete