Sunday, August 3, 2008

Week 4: Chicago

On July 24th, I flew in to Chicago (from London) for the conclusion of my month-long travels. Mom and Dad Marcus picked me up at O'Hare and we went back to the hotel where I got to catch up with the rest of the Marcus clan who were all in town for Curt and Kara's wedding. Despite being totally jet-lagged, I still managed to stay awake until 11pm when we got to go pick up Nick at Midway. (However, after saying "hi" and giving a kiss, I fell asleep for the rest of the ride back to the hotel!)










Unlike my side of the family (who almost all still live in MN), the Marcus family is spread over the whole US (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Sacramento, Willmar, St. Paul, Chicago, and Texas), so it was a great weekend to be able to see and catch up with everyone while we all stayed at the same hotel. Even Grandma Marcus was able to make the trip! The day before the wedding, we had a personal shower for Kara in the morning, and then a group of us made it down to Navy Pier where we took an architectural boat tour. We couldn't have asked for better weather for that.

Curt and Kara had an excellent wedding day - the ceremony and reception were just beautiful, and I know we all had a great time. Nick was very happy to serve as a groomsman and we know Curt and Kara will make each other very happy!











Before our flight back to Vegas, Nick and I were able to join Mom and Dad for a visit to Grandma Margaret's and got to see the relatives on the Post side (Nick's mom was raised in Chicago and so much of her family is still there). It was a wonderful day where we got to visit with Grandma, Michelle and Mark, Sam and Bernice, John & Nancy and the girls, and Aunt Wilma. Our trip to Chicago went very fast, but was a lot of fun. Our next adventure will be our move to Montana!

No comments:

Post a Comment