Sunday, August 3, 2008

Week 3: England

Mom and I were able to spend about 9 days in England visiting Heather and John, meeting John's family, and of course, seeing the sites of the United Kingdom. My favorite part of the trip was being able to spend time with Heather (who I haven't seen since March) and John (who I haven't seen since December). Amazing how you can miss those little sibs!

Mom and I were very lucky to receive guided tours by Heather and John and the Brackett family to many different places around England. Some of the things we got to see and do included: all the main attractions of London (including Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, London Bridge, Tower Bridge, the Giant Gherkin, Buckingham Palace and a ride on the London Eye); a tour of Reading on a double-decker bus; feeding the swans on the Thames River; a walk/ride in the countryside of Bridgenorth; tour of Warwick Castle; a walk along the canals of Wolverhampton; a very awesome trip through the Safari Park where we got to drive through herds of and touch animals like rhinos, giraffes, and camels; spending time with the Brackett Family; and hanging out in the pub (Mom and I consider ourselves to be true "Pubbers" after hanging out with the men's club there!).



Our trip to England was truly amazing and I loved every minute of it! I want to thank Heather and John, and the Brackett Family for their great hospitality. We loved spending time with all of you and can't wait until next summer! We'll be practicing our Charades in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment