Friday, June 20, 2008

Love is in the Air!

I realize it's been awhile since my last post, and I apologize. Things here have been pretty typical (work, errands, relax, sleep, repeat), so I wasn't sure anyone would want to hear all the boring, mundane details. However, it has occurred to me that even though Nick and I may not have the most interesting news of our own, we would like to acknowledge some very big news for some very important people in our lives!

Love must truly be in the air, because over the course of the next 14 months, Nick and I have been asked to be attendants in a combined 5 weddings! So I guess you could say that their big news is also news regarding us. Nick and I are so excited for each of these weddings, but more importantly, we are so happy that each of our family members have found the love that we have enjoyed for almost 6 years. May God Bless each of these marriages!

So without further ado, here are the happy couples:

Michaela Potrusil and Thomas Wahlmueller
July 12th, 2008

Michaela is Jonikka's Austrian sister. We met in 1996 when Michaela joined our family as a foreign exchange student for a year. Though I have never met Tom, I am thrilled to be able to travel with my mom to Austria (thanks to my dad!) this summer, where I will get to meet not only Tom, but also their daughter, Maja. I am very honored to be a bridesmaid alongside Michaela's sister, Elisabeth, on their very special day. Congratulations Tom and Michi!






Curtis Marcus and Kara VanTil

July 26th, 2008

Curt is Nick's cousin. He is also the closest Nick has ever had to a brother and he is very excited to stand up for Curt on his wedding day. In October, Curt and Kara joined us in Vegas where we took a road trip to the Grand Canyon. We got to know Kara very well after packing all 4 of us into a tent on two very cold nights and we look forward to welcoming her into the family! Congratulations Curt and Kara!






Sarah Wyffels and Bradley Meichsner

May 30th, 2009

Sarah is Jonikka's double-cousin (which means they are not only cousins on one side of the family, but also on the other). So we grew up very close with one another and shared many special times. It will be a joy to be an attendant in your wedding party. Secretly, I think Nick considers Sarah his 3rd little sister, since for the last 10.5 years, she has been around almost as much as Amanda and Heather! We are glad that Sarah found such a wonderful guy like Brad, as we will be seeing a lot of each other over the years! Congratulations Sarah and Brad!



Amanda Wyffels and Steve Szulczewski

June 20th, 2009

Amanda is Jonikka's sister. We are only 13 months apart, and because of that, we were very close growing up and shared a strong friendship. We are so happy for Amanda and Steve and Nick and I are thrilled to both stand up for them on their wedding day. Jonikka is excited to finally have a brother and Nick is excited (as is Dad) to finally start to even out the female to male ratio. We love you two! Congratulations Amanda and Steve!





Heather Wyffels and John Brackett

August 22nd, 2009

Heather is Jonikka's youngest sister. Being that we are six years apart in age, it wasn't until Heather moved away for college that we became as close as we are now. Having her within 2 miles while we lived in Minneapolis was wonderful and it really strengthened our sisterhood (especially during all those late movie and pizza nights!). We are so excited to welcome John into our family and Jonikka is especially excited to meet the rest of his family this summer in England! We know that you two will make each other happy, and that in turn makes us happy as well. Congratulations Heather and John!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for weddings! They are so much fun, you are lucky to have so many in the next while...!

    ReplyDelete