Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nick's 30th Birthday Weekend

Well, it's official! Nick is an Old Man. :) (Sorry, with all the crap he's given me the last 3 months, I had to give him a little back!) Anyway, he celebrated with the best of them this last weekend. On Friday, Nick had to work, but his dental assistant, Jill, was nice enough to greet him at the door with a photo of him blown up and posted in the office window announcing it was his 30th birthday. We received comments on it all day long! Thanks, Jill! It was a fun way to celebrate!

Then on Friday night, Nick and I attended a February Formal event put on by the West Central Dental Study Club. Neither one of us was real excited about attending the event (Nick because it was his birthday and formals aren't really his thing, and me because it was -5 and I felt like a whale in my dress), but we were glad we went as we ended up having a pretty good time. We had the opportunity to meet some of the other local dentists and their spouses, had a great meal, and even managed to do some ballroom dancing. They brought in a ballroom dance instructor for the entertainment and we learned the tango and swing, though our participation was limited as I was having enough trouble in my heels and being 8 months pregnant, without having to dance backwards all night! We also won one of the door prizes - a bottle of champagne that will be a great celebration once the baby arrives!

Saturday morning we had to run into Urgent Care with Eliana as it turned out she had another ear infection, but her spirits were quickly lifted once the meds kicked in. So, we decided to leave her with Grammy and Papa Marcus while we traveled to the Cities to celebrate the evening with my sisters and brothers-in-law. Amanda and Steve joined us for dinner at Chino Latino in Uptown, and then we met up with Heather and John and their friends at Williams Pub. I obviously received a few funny looks while at the bar buying drinks for the two birthday people (Saturday was Heather's 24th birthday), but I have to say that I had a great night out with everyone and I KNOW Nick did, judging from the bar tab... :)

We spent the night at Amanda and Steve's, and then on Sunday morning, enjoyed a nice morning of sleeping in, and then met Heather and John for brunch at Good Day Cafe in Minneapolis. It was a great weekend and I think Nick enjoyed his birthday celebrations! (Oh, and Ellie is feeling much better, too!) Happy 30th Birthday, honey!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Nick! Glad to hear that you are finally in the "adult" world with the rest of us! Ha ha Love the picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Nick! Steve and I were just talking about you guys the other day and I realized it had been a while since I'd read your blog. Yay for birthdays! I can't wait for baby #2 to come. We need to talk soon and catch up...love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Fun weekend!! Thanks for the good times. See you guys soon! x

    ReplyDelete