Sunday, December 5, 2010

Entering my 30's...

This last weekend marked a big milestone for me: Turning 30 years old. :) I had a great day celebrating with my husband and daughter. They got me exactly what I wanted - a Dairy Queen blizzard cake! It may not sound like much to some, but having a December birthday growing up in Willmar meant that I had never had a DQ cake since the DQ would close for December and January. Well, this year, they stayed open! The other part of my gift were the cuddles and hugs I received ALL DAY from Eliana! She's not usually much of a cuddler, but she must have known it was my special day because she sure spoiled me rotten!

I have to say that I think I handled the change in digits quite easily. Of course, it's easy getting older knowing that you have so many wonderful things in your life. And for those things, I am so thankful! I have accomplished a lot in the last 30 years - more than some have accomplished in a lifetime. Here are just a few of my accomplishments and experiences I have been blessed to have done by the time I reached the big 3-0 (in no particular order):

* A Bachelor of Science Degree
* Happily married to my high-school sweetheart
* Traveled in 7 foreign countries (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Italy, Greece, Austria, and England)
* Gone skydiving
* Visited (not just traveled through) 25 of the 50 states
* Tried Skiing (Snow and Water)
* Became a mother to a beautiful daughter and another child on the way
* Bought a house and made it a home
* Had jobs that I've loved, and jobs that I've hated
* Gone white-water rafting
* Learned another language
* Experienced God's Glory
* Became a volunteer
* Learned some new hobbies
* Sang at the top of my lungs and didn't care who heard me
* Swam in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
* Rode a horse bare-back
* Kickboxed and loved it
* Been through surgery
* Experienced overwhelming love by another person
* Experienced overwhelming love for another person

Anyone have any suggestions on more experiences I can add to my list during the next 30 years? :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 30th year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you accept Jesus as your Savior before you reached 30 years old?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! 30 looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe you got a Dairy Queen cake. I am jealous. Does this mean that they will be open for my birthday in January as well? If so, I definately want one! Haha, glad you had a great birthday sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post my friend! Miss you in MT....

    ReplyDelete