Nick finished in 30:01. He placed 35th out of 45 in his age category (25-29). Keep in mind, he was pushing Ellie in the jogging stroller the whole way, and had to weave around crowds of people. Even so, he did amazing! Way to go, honey!
I finished in 38:26, and for me, I thought that was pretty good. I placed 52nd out of 76 in my age category (25-29). Just a quick shout out to Val, my running partner (and Nick's former dental assistant), for running with me - we made a great team and pushed each other just the right amount! Thank you!
Val & I with less than 1/4 mile to go!
As always seems to be the case in Montana, the weather was a bit sketchy on race day - particularly for the people that ran the 5 mile race. A mixture of rain, snow, and sleet is how the 5 milers got to start their race. Thankfully, it cleared up for a bit by the time we started the 3 mile race, although it was still quite cold (37 degrees). Mile 1 during our race was sunny and clear. Mile 2 was windy and overcast. Mile 3, it cleared up again. The sleet started again after the race was finished, so really, we got lucky. But Ellie didn't seem to mind - she stayed quite warm and content in the jogging stroller, and even managed to take a little snooze!
We're finished! Daddy let Ellie wear his medal.
good job!
ReplyDeleteWow!! I am so proud of both of you.... well done :) Looking forward to seeing you very soon!! xxx
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! Rock on! That is awesome... you should be VERY proud! Loved the pics of the b-day fun- Ellie gets more adorable every day!Love you lots!
ReplyDeleteWAY TO GO GUYS! Jonikka I think you may have inspired me to run a short race coming up here! I will let you know!
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Family! Jonikka - The picture of you and Val reminded me of Nick's 'Where's Waldo' picture in Korea. Everyone can pick you out immediately with your height. I'm so glad you did it and your form looked great! I'm sure Nick got plenty of looks with the jogging stroller (what a good daddy)!
ReplyDelete