Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Chickens

On Monday, I took Ellie over to our friend's house to show Ellie the baby chickens that our friend, Moe, just got. We thought it was a great springtime photo opportunity to get photos of Ellie and the chicks! Of course, the chicks are too small yet to brave the Montana weather elements, and Ellie wasn't too eager to head outdoors on that blustery day, so it mostly turned into a fun time in the living room with the chicks. Not very spring-like, but what are you gonna do? Ellie sure did enjoy her time with the chicks, though! We may have had to rescue the chickens a couple of times from an overly curious Eliana, and we must say that we found out why they say not to put all your chickens in one basket (a baby might just decide that that cheeping basket looks like the greatest toy to start rolling around on the floor), but all in all, she did really well with them and I'm proud to say the chickens survived! She even tried to "kiss" one chick - which gave a creepy Ozzy Osbourne-bat scenario appearance...

5 comments:

  1. haha she is just the cutest little girl in the world!! And what a good little girl too! Looks like she played very nicely with the chicks. Well done on raising her not to be afraid of them - that's really impressive at her age!
    Love to you all! x
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Ellie was such a good little girl...just wait until we get the horses, mules, and (cross my fingers) a lamb. I will force you to take pics of her with all the barnyard animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all. Already ordered my favorites from Snapfish! I too want to see pics of her with all the barnyard animals! Thank you Moe - good suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I wish I had a friend with baby chicks - my kids would get such a kick out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Marcus Family! Love you guys and wish you a safe, wonderful holiday weekend! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete