Saturday, March 20, 2010

Korea and Bali!

Earlier this month I had the opportunity to visit some friends in Korea. I was in Korea for 10 days, and also had a quick 3 day excursion to Bali, Indonesia. What a wonderful time! I stayed with my friend Rob, who went through residency in Las Vegas with me. Rob works at Osan AFB in Seoul, South Korea currently. I was also able to spend a day with an old roommate from my days at Calvin. Mark is studying the Korean language at the the University of Korea. The weather in Korea was cool and rainy mostly, so Rob and I decided some days on the beach were needed, hence the trip to Bali. I have lots of stories to go along with all the traveling, but you have to visit us to hear those!
Picture 1: Rob and I on top of Mount Hallasan (the tallest peak in Korea)
Picture 2: Mark and I in downtown Seoul
Picture 3: The southern cliffs of Udo Island
Picture 4: Can you find Waldo in downtown Seoul?
Picture 5: A beautiful sunrise over the Indian Ocean in Bali.


7 comments:

  1. wow, exciting, I'm glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'Where's Waldo' pic. Priceless! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing more next month! I'm so glad your trip was great! Love to all,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! Thank you for taking the time to post these pictures. I especially love the picture where you are towering over everyone. We are looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your trip when we come and visit you!! It's coming quickly and we can not wait! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number One: Did you actually write that post, because it has a hint of Jonikka...
    Number Two: I too love the pic of the giant American trying to fit in with the Koreans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moe - believe it or not, Nick actually did write this post (thus the reason it took a couple weeks to show up on the blog!). I did however help him upload the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found Waldo!!! ...wasn't hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is about the funniest picture I have ever seen - Nick in Seoul! Absolutely hilarious! Looks like a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete