Sunday, October 18, 2009

A visit from Mom & Dad Wyffels

We had so much fun this last week while my parents were out to visit. They drove all day on Saturday and actually made it here by a decent hour last Saturday evening. We stayed very busy all week, but the number one thing on their agenda was spending some quality time with Eliana. And, of course, she didn't mind being the center of attention one bit! She loved the time with her Grandma and Grandpa - being held, rocked, and carried. And - she must have just needed a bigger audience, because by the end of the week, she was rolling over as well! (Finally!) Her other major accomplishment of the week was starting "solid" food. She's a natural at eating her rice cereal and Grandma got the biggest kick out of feeding her her first real bite of food. Grandma also had a blast spoiling Ellie all week and Grandpa was content catering to her every whimper by walking her around and showing her different things. (She already knows she has him wrapped around her little finger!)

It wasn't just Ellie that was craving time with my parents, though. I was, too! And I feel very blessed to have been able to spend a whole week of uninterrupted time with them. We gave them a tour of Great Falls, drove up to Glacier one day to show them a bit of the mountains, had a nice little hike, did some shopping for Ellie, and had some lazy time at home. Grandma bought Ellie a nice, warm, pink snowsuit, and a couple warm hats for this winter. Is it sad that my daughter, who's not even 6 months old, can wear an adult hat and it doesn't even look that silly on her?

I took my mom with me to Bingo on Tuesday night while Dad, Nick, and Ellie checked out a monster entertainment system at our friends house. They also got a tour of the dental clinic on base. Mom helped me dye my hair (I went dark - Yeah!) and make some apple crisp, and my parents were happy to babysit Ellie so that Nick and I could have a date night. We also enjoyed taking Ellie to the pool and we went swimming. Then on Friday, Dad spent some more quality time with Ellie while mom and I went on a little shopping spree. It was an excellent week!

Even though my parents were here a whole week, it still went by far too fast. Next thing we knew, it was Saturday morning again and time for them to leave. Thankfully, we will be going back to Minnesota for Christmas so it won't be too much longer before we will see them again!

4 comments:

  1. Hello!! Thanks for sharing this nice stories. Ellie is getting so big and she is so cute!!!! I am sure you had a wonderful week with your parents & I think it is not easy to live so far away from them... Love all the pictures!!! Take care, Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the news and new pictures! Very glad you had a good week with your parents. Sounds like a ton of fun!Ellie is adorable as always- give her kisses for me! And, I LOVE your hair color- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ells Bells is such a doll!! I just love her. Bring her back soon! I can't believe how big she is getting... I love the little rolls she has by her wrists in that picture with dad... well, "grandpa"... Everyone looks like they had a lot of fun :) And by the way, has anyone told you that you are one HOT momma?! xxx love to the family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you toots for the update. Dad and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was so much fun to really spend time with you, Nick & Eliana. How very blessed you & Nick are. Eliana is pure pleasure and just thinking of her brings a smile to my face. We love you and can't wait til August!

    ReplyDelete