Friday, October 23, 2009

A half year already?

Eliana celebrated her 6 month birthday yesterday! I'm kind of sad thinking about how fast the last 6 months has gone, but am so proud of all the accomplishments Ellie has already made. Most recently, she is finally rolling over! Right now, she's only rolling back to tummy and then gets stuck. After a couple minutes of wiggling in frustration, she'll start screaming until you roll her back.

Also, she started rice cereal and had her first bite of veggies today - green beans! She wasn't sure about the green beans, but ate them all anyway. The pediatrician has recommended that we can start moving Ellie towards three "table meals" a day and I am much more sad than I thought I would be as we are nursing less and less. I don't think I realized what an emotional bond nursing was for us until now. When I thought about nursing before, I mostly thought about how much work it was. But now I am beginning to see that I truly love nursing and am going to miss being solely responsible for her nutrition.

She still has no teeth, but I don't think they are too far away. She sits up really well with support now, but will only last up to a minute without support. She LOVES to stand and has some really strong legs. Her hair is really coming in - she's going to have thick hair, although, it's not all that long yet.

At Ellie's doctor appointment today, she had to get her shots again. 4 injections and the oral Rotovirus! Poor thing. She handled it pretty well, though - only cried for a couple minutes in pain. However, then she screamed in anger for 5 more minutes! :) Eventually she calmed down enough to drink her bottle and was in a great mood by the time we walked over to the dental clinic to see Nick.

Here are her most recent measurements:
Weight: 17lbs 6 oz - 70th percentile
Height: 27.1 inches - 88th percentile (I think this measurement is incorrect however, as she measures closer to 28.5 inches when I measure her!)
Head: 46 cm - 99th percentile! Yes, she is her fathers daughter!
Clothing size: 12-18 months! (But this is mostly due to the fact that she's so long in her body and needs the bigger sizes so they will snap underneath. Otherwise I bet she'd be fine in a 9-12 month outfit.)

Happy Half-Birthday, Baby Girl! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute picture! Hugs & Kisses from Nanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely starting to look like her daddy now!

    ReplyDelete