Saturday, April 4, 2009

The countdown is on!

So being that Nick and I have been pretty homebound lately, there's not really anything new to report about what we've been up to. Just the usual: work and getting excited for baby! But it has occurred to me this week that my days at work are limited - only 9 possible working days left! (My last official day is April 20th, assuming I make it that long.) While I am thrilled because this means that I will soon have a daughter to hold, I am also a bit sad because I really do love my job and I'm going to miss it.

On the bright side, we are pretty much set for this kid to get here! We have yet to install the carseat in the car, but otherwise are feeling pretty prepared. So with all the baby stuff done, we've been trying to enjoy our time together just the two of us by doing a date night here and there. I've also been working on travel plans for this summer, and started a new quilt. Nick bought himself the new Metallica Guitar Hero today and has been busy practicing that. It's really been quite low-key around here, but we'll make sure to let you all know when there is something to report!

4 comments:

  1. YEA!! Your sweetie is almost here!! Your marathon is nearly over...just keep your eye on the prize and the hormones under control as you come round the home stretch! Thank you so much for the photo and frame... you are so thoughtful and ON THE BALL! Well, good luck, cuz! Can't wait to hear more soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Sounds like you are all prepared. Love the organization of the itineraries you have going on!
    Can't wait to see you soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Baby Marcus is on her way! I am getting very excited for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been thinking about you guys. I can't wait to hear the birth story! Isn't it great knowing you have one of the best days of your entire life just a few days away?

    ReplyDelete