While Nick and I have made the most of our military moves, it can still be difficult to pick everything up and move your life each year or two to a place where you don't know anybody. Fortunately, our move to Montana has been made much easier by the wonderful people we have both met here. I had not planned to work when we first moved here, but after 3 full days of boredom in a new city, I was fortunate to quickly land a job at the daycare/preschool center just down the street. This job has not only served it's purpose of keeping me from being bored, but I have been so blessed with all of the ladies that I work with who have been so kind to me. Despite the fact that I am only a substitute teacher and do not work full-time, they have all been so wonderful to me the past 7 months. I have made some great friends and truly enjoy my time at work, and hanging out with them outside of work.
Well, today I had a beautiful baby shower thrown in my honor by these awesome co-workers! It was a beautiful shower (Thank you, Heather!) and we had fun playing some games, visiting, eating, and of course opening baby gifts. I was spoiled rotten and am amazed at everyone's generosity. I had a wonderful time and just want to thank each of you for a fantastic day in celebrating our baby!
Below are some pictures from the shower (including the beautiful cake homemade by Aubrie!).
How nice to have met such wonderful women! You are truly blessed as we are to have you! That little one is quite spoiled already with all the gifts and the love we are ready to show her! I'm so glad you are enjoying your time in Montana. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteWhat a spoiled baby and mommy!! Well, that's ok cause you guys deserve it. That cake looks amazing :) and delicious! I am glad you are having such a nice time in Montana and making friends! We can't wait till April over here! And of course we can't wait to see you.
ReplyDeleteps. We want new bump pictures!!
That cake is awesome! I wish I could have been to your shower, it looks like you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your little knitted hat is darling! I am so glad that you knit now!