Friday, October 17, 2008

And Baby Makes Three!

It took a lot of trying, a lot of heartache, a lot of "help", a lot of worrying, and a lot of prayers, but the day is here and we can finally announce that Nick and I are expecting our baby in the spring! Our estimated due date is April 28th, 2009.

I am just past 12 weeks today and we couldn't be more thrilled. I had an ultrasound done yesterday that confirmed everything was right on track. I had had a glass of orange juice with my breakfast before my appointment, and wouldn't you know, that our little bean was hopping around on the ultrasound like it was on a sugar high! Because of our history and use of fertility drugs and treatment, I've had several ultrasounds already, but the 12 week appointment was the one that reassured me the most - I think just knowing that I had made it to the second trimester!

We thought when we signed the lease on the condo here in Montana that it was more space than we needed, but God knew better because we got our positive pregnancy test the day the movers arrived with all our things! We praise God and thank him for all of our blessings!

Photos of our "gummi bear" at 8 weeks
(Taken on the high-tech ultrasound machine)

Profile photo of our baby at 12 weeks
(Taken on the crappy ultrasound machine)

8 comments:

  1. YAY!!
    I am sooooo excited for you guys, and can't wait to be a fun aunt. The aunt that will let them eat candy and run around, and then send them home to their parents! haha, Congrats!
    Love you,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!
    I can't wait to play with the little bundle of joy and feed it and babysit it :) I will leave the diapers to John whenever we watch it. If I tell you I won't give them candy, does that mean I get to watch it more often? Amanda and I are getting pumped to be the coolest aunt's this kid will EVER have!
    Congratulations you two :) Love all three of you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am soooo very very happy and excited for you... you will be wonderful parents!!!
    Jonikka, you have to tell me everything about the pregnancy, it is such a special time...
    Hugs and kisses from Austria.
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! We are SO HAPPY for you guys! This is wonderful news! We were really hoping this was the news when we saw your email. :) Congrats again! Love, Chris, Shannon, Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS again! I couldn't be more happy for the two of you! You two will be wonderful parents and this baby is one of the luckiest in the world to have you and Nick for a Mommy and Daddy! I also agree with your sisters... I'd like to join in on some of that spoiling! Love ya! Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!!!
    I'm so happy to hear wonderful news. Take care of yourself and enjoy every moment!!!!
    Talk to you later,
    Amanda Pehrson :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! we are so so happy and exited for you guys. April is not very far...
    Can't wait to see you guys holding the little one...
    keep us updated with more information later on...
    Eunduk & Herb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! We are so happy for you two! What a blessing this little one is! We hope all goes well with your pregnancy and that you are doing ok! Sending lots of hugs your way!

    Luv,

    Jodi & Russ

    P.S. The ultrasound pictures are really neat!

    ReplyDelete