So for those that don't know, I was fortunate enough to spend the last month traveling. I ended my job as a nanny in Las Vegas the end of June and decided to take some time to visit family and travel before we move to our next location. My traveling began in Montana where I did some home-hunting (see previous post). Then it was back to Vegas for a day, and then on to Minnesota for a week. That is where I will begin this post...


I arrived in Minneapolis late on the 2nd ofeted by Amanda and my future brother-in-law, Steve. I was able to spend some great time with them and they were really nice to offer me a bed for a couple nights. But of course, no trip to Minnesota is complete without spending some quality time with "my" babies: Joseph, Vivienne, Genevieve, and Juliette. So on July 3rd, I visited the Larson family and was shocked yet again to discover how fast they are all growing! I was even privileged enough to see ballet put on by the kids, complete with lifts of each of the ballerinas by the male fairy! Thank you, Larson family, for a wonderful day!

Amanda and Steve threw a 4th of July party at their July and was gre place - man! Talk about awesome food! I think I may have to send Nick over to Steve so he can learn how to cook! Great food, great company, great weather, quality pool time with our splash strangers (ha ha!), and even a spectacular performance by Dad to Baby Got Back (for those interested, you can check it out on YouTube!). All around, it was a wonderful way to spend July 4th!
July 5th was the annual Wyffels/Hoppe family reunion held at Rick and Doreen's lake house. As always, I had a wonderful time and found it especially nice this year to be able to spend time with family. Thank you again, Doreen and Rick, for hosting the event - I know we all had a great time! Also, thanks to Sarah, for sharing your bed with me for two nights! I truly enjoyed our girl-talk and can't wait for all the wedding festivities to begin so we can hang out some more!


July 6th: Nick's and my 6th anniversary! For those of you keeping track, yes, this is the 4th time we have not been together on our anniversary. Who knew July would always be such a busy month? Any bets on what next year has in store for us? Seriously, though, it ended up being a beautiful day that I was able to spend with my best friend, Brandy, her husband Nick, and my 3 beautiful god-daughters, Lily, Braiden, and Amelia. We got to test out the pool for awhile, and Brandy even had a project ready that I was able to do with the two oldest: corncob cupcakes!

The next day was a pretty lazy day for me, just trying to get everything together before leaving for Europe. But I did get in to see Dad Marcus for a dentist appointment, and was able to spend the evening hanging out with my oldest friend, Jen. Yeah! Like usual, we didn't do much other than sit, eat pizza, and talk, but doesn't everyone need a friend like that? We did, however, end the night with a staple of girls of our generation: the movie Clueless!
It was quite unfortunate that the next day (Tuesday), the day before I left for Europe, tradition just HAD to show it's ugly face: I got the stomach flu and spent the whole day next to a bucket!!! Again, for those of you keeping track, that makes the 7th big trip I've ever taken, and the 4th time I've gotten ill within days of leaving! Greece/Italy was pneumonia. Costa Rica was the worst head cold EVER. New York was a major sinus infection. And now Austria/England was the stomach flu! Mexico and Alaska seem to be the only places safe for me to travel. Hmmm. Think maybe I can use that as an excuse for Nick to book another vacation? Might have to wait awhile on that one...
Stay tuned for Week 2: Austria! Coming soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment