We found out some unfortunate news today: Although the dental clinic did great during the inspection, the base as a whole did not pass and so this means more late nights and long weekends for Nick over the next few months. Thankfully he is able to get away for the next 2 weeks for a trip to Korea to visit some friends! He is very excited and we are excited for him as it will be a very enjoyable trip - he deserves it! Stay tuned for photos from his trip...
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
10 Months Old
We found out some unfortunate news today: Although the dental clinic did great during the inspection, the base as a whole did not pass and so this means more late nights and long weekends for Nick over the next few months. Thankfully he is able to get away for the next 2 weeks for a trip to Korea to visit some friends! He is very excited and we are excited for him as it will be a very enjoyable trip - he deserves it! Stay tuned for photos from his trip...
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Sometimes you just gotta have a little faith.
This was our motto when Nick and I decided to go ahead with the purchase of the home we found in Willmar. :) We may or may not regret this decision in the future, but right now we're just going to have faith that the problems with the association are going to be resolved before it comes time for us to sell the house again. We are both in love with the house and decided that this was not something we were going to let stand in our way of the place where we want to call home. So, we're going ahead with the purchase and are now scheduled to close March 15th! Home-ownership, here we come!
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Disappointment
Well, we had some disappointing news this last week. Our offer on the house in Minnesota is starting to fall through. We had put a contingency into our purchase agreement stating that the current owners needed to get an ammendment to the bylaws of the association stating that more than 3 people can live in the house we are wanting to buy. They held a vote last week and unfortunately, the ammendment didn't pass - in fact, it missed by 1 vote. So we are very frustrated right now (as are the sellers) and are a bit unsure of where to go from here.
We have the option of going through with the offer and just hoping they will get the vote passed eventually (we were told we could get a waiver in the meantime to have more kids, but they don't want to change the ammendment at this time). The downfall of this, is that if they never end up passing the vote, then we deal with the same issue all over again when it comes time for us to sell. Or we could pull out of our offer completely and start looking for a new house. The third option is that we could keep our offer standing the way it reads with the contingency in hopes that they will pass the vote at their annual association meeting in May. The problem with this option is that if they don't end up passing the vote in May, we lose out on the $8000 tax credit (which let's face it - that's a huge chunk of change).
We really love the house and have said from the beginning that if it weren't for the association, we would have no hesitation towards this house. After this kind of a problem, we wonder whether we should even buy into an association like this. Very frustrating...
If anyone has any advice, we're all ears!
We have the option of going through with the offer and just hoping they will get the vote passed eventually (we were told we could get a waiver in the meantime to have more kids, but they don't want to change the ammendment at this time). The downfall of this, is that if they never end up passing the vote, then we deal with the same issue all over again when it comes time for us to sell. Or we could pull out of our offer completely and start looking for a new house. The third option is that we could keep our offer standing the way it reads with the contingency in hopes that they will pass the vote at their annual association meeting in May. The problem with this option is that if they don't end up passing the vote in May, we lose out on the $8000 tax credit (which let's face it - that's a huge chunk of change).
We really love the house and have said from the beginning that if it weren't for the association, we would have no hesitation towards this house. After this kind of a problem, we wonder whether we should even buy into an association like this. Very frustrating...
If anyone has any advice, we're all ears!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
9 Months Old
Otherwise, Ellie is a typical 9 month old. She's a pretty happy child and we love seeing her toothy grin. She has discovered cause and effect - for instance, throwing her cup on the floor and watching mommy or daddy pick it up again. She is a very social little thing and loves getting attention. She hasn't developed any stranger anxiety (yet, anyway) and absolutely LOVES going to her daycare once a week to watch all the older kids run around and play. She also gets to spend 1 hour each day at the activity center at our gym while Nick and I get our workouts in.
Ellie's Measurements:
Weight - 19 lbs 7 oz - 65th%
Height - 29.7 inches (More like 30.5 inches) - 99th%
Head - 48 cm - 100% Off The Charts!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Christmas 2009
As I mentioned, Ellie and I were fortunate enough to be able to spend 3 weeks in Minnesota over the holidays this year. Nick was able to join us there 3 days after we got there and stayed for about a week. We stayed with my parents and I know they truly enjoyed getting to know Ellie even more now that she is developing quite a little personality. Our trip to MN was so much fun, and although we enjoyed the majority of it, it also came with a few hiccups. After a long day of traveling (first by plane and then by car) and an evening filled with lots of love by both sets of grandparents, our first night was met with a screaming baby (the WHOLE night) with which we discovered the next morning that Ellie was battling a terrible ear infection.
After recovering from the allergic reaction, Ellie then proceeded to cut tooth #5. Again, very cranky.
On Christmas Day, we celebrated again - this time with the Wyffels' family. We were very thankful that despite the heavy snowfall, Amanda, Steve, Heather, & John were all able to make it back to Willmar to celebrate with us.
I didn't mention this before, but everyday that Nick and I didn't spend celebrating Christmas with family, or taking care of a sick baby, we spent house-hunting for the home that we will move into when Nick's military commitment is done in August. Well, we found the house! So the next few days of our trip (after Nick left) were spent getting the purchase agreement written, finalized, and signed, and the home inspection done. Assuming everything goes smoothly, we hope to close the end of February! We are very excited about becoming home-owners, though we are a bit bummed that we won't be able to move into the house until August, but I guess that's just the way things go sometimes.
So now it's back to a sick baby: Ellie cuts tooth #6! But despite a cranky baby, we were still able to get a few visits in with friends - though certainly not as many as we were hoping! We also made it to Marshall on New Year's Day to visit Great-Grandma Wyffels and Alicia! Then... sick Mommy AND sick Baby. :( Ellie and I both caught colds - which was really only a matter of time, being that it was below zero pretty much our entire trip. And just as we were starting to feel better - it's time to head back to Montana! All I can say is: Thank you, Moms, Dads, and Siblings for all your help! I guess if you ever have to have a sick child on a vacation, the best time to have it is when you have your family around to help!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)